Wedding Rings

My groom made our wedding bands. He also made my engagement ring. With the guidance of a local jeweler he made my engagement ring from cast platinum.

Our wedding bands are made of palladium. This is a metal that in its purist form would look as white as platinum. However, when ordering the metal we didn't realize how much alloy was in it. It actually has an odd cool gold color.

I instantly recognize the metal now as being my ring. There is only one other person I know who wears a palladium ring and it always surprises me because I am so used to being the only ones who has a palladium wedding band.

My groom used his brother's dental equipment to cast the rings and a lot of time and effort to shape and polish them into rings. He's an amazing fellow.

The only cost was that of the metal.

Total Cost: $300


No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker