Flowers

I am a florist, so my flowers were very important to me. In keeping with a Green wedding I didn’t want any imported chemically laden flowers. I decided to use flowers and foliage from my mother and mother in-law’s gardens. I also picked many of the flowers out of obliging road side ditches. Well really my mother and aunt did most of the picking.

Bridal Bouquet: I picked the flowers for my bouquet and the flower shop I worked for put them together. My grandmother’s name was Fern so I made sure lots of ferns were in my bouquet. There were also purple clematis, floribunda white rose, a weed I've heard called pancake weed and a type of purple wild campanula. My florist friends did add green hydrangea that was probably imported, but I didn't ask and I knew they created the bouquet for me and that made it special.

Bridesmaids Bouquets: I made my bridesmaids bouquets and the groom’s bout the morning before the wedding. Each bridesmaids bouquet was a little different. My sister, the forester, had green maples seeds in hers, my friend I played in the forest with as a kid, had wild ginger, and my tattooed friend had zebra grass for her wild side.
Bouts: I have a very strong rule that if you don’t have a lapel you don’t get a boutonnière. So the only guy who got a flower was the groom. His was several white floribunda rose blossoms. I didn’t have flowers for our parents or anyone else.
Center Pieces: I did make all the center pieces for the reception. I used antique vases and bowls from my mother's china cabinet. Half the tables had a vase with a mixed flower bouquet and half had three glass vases each with one kind of foliage. I don’t recommend doing your own flowers. It took about three hours right before the rehearsal dinner started for me to get them all put together. Luckily there was a very nice janitor at the hall who helped me clean up or I would have been late.

The total cost of the flowers was $0

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Love your blog. I own and operate www.ecostudio.com.au and would love to run a copy of your blog in our new 'bloggers articles' category. We have a strong member base and large traffic flow so we can link back to your blog. Contact me via ecostudio and we can discuss this further.

Lyn

Claire said...

Your bouquet is beautiful. I love the way you put all your flowers together. You are a great inspiration to other brides.

lbc flower delivery philippines said...

Lovely flowers! Wish I can also arrange beautiful flowers like that. I want to learn how to arrange flowers cause it so interesting. Anyway, I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for sharing!


-yumi-

flower Philippines said...

Oh! Those flowers caught my attention absolutely perfect flower bouquet. Keep posting!

toni

D. More said...

Very informative! I learn a new thing every day. Hope for more. Will be coming for more Midtown Manhattan Florist.

 
eXTReMe Tracker